Monday, April 6, 2015

Sick, sick, sick again.


March 24, 2015
So not a whole lot has happened since last Thursday except that I got the mother of all colds! I´ve spent the last three days trying to figure out what a missionary with no voice can do all day. Basically my companion just did everything as I slowly followed him around all day and tried not to look too miserable/sick. Due to this set back, we have gone back to waking up right about 6am in order to let my body recover, but as soon as I am better (in the next day or 2) we will be right back up at 4:30 to go get built in the gym.

We did have a pretty cool lesson with a 23 year old guy named Ismael. He had come to church with his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago, and agreed to meet with us. The first time he didn´t have a lot of free time so we only talked for like 10 minutes. So the second visit with him we talked a lot more and he told us that when he came in the church building for the first time he heard in his mind that ´´This was going to be his church´´. He really loved it. So we explained to him about the Book of Mormon and everything. Then he told us that he wasn´t doing this for his girlfriend, but rather because he had felt something special that day. He´s going to get baptized in like 2 weeks.

Everything is going great with my companion right now! I love all my Latin companions, but it has been really nice having 3 white guys in a row....

In order to meet the heavy traveling demands of this summer, I am pretty sure I will have to get a motorcycle. Also, I have already been accepted into the Central Mission RM (Return Missionary) motorcycle gang ´´Temple Runners´´, which necessitates my buying a motorcycle even more. I figure that as my loving protective mom you would totally be down to make a good helmet and jacket part of some sort of welcome home gift. J…Not trying to add to raising your blood pressure or anything, as it sounds like your other 2 children have been having quite the interesting time playing bully towards mom.... Though I have to admit, the story about the bro trip made me laugh out loud a little bit.

37 days until Elder Rice gets home

That is about all I´ve got for now...
NOS VEMOS, Elder Rice


No comments:

Post a Comment