Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Que esta pasando!!!?!?!

New Christmas look (aka the hair cutting guy went crazy)


Selfie!

Christmas week was ridiculously crazy here! Here comes just a few of the most crazy events that happened. To start off the week, my companion and I were talking with that 'one more person' before we went to go hang out with the branch president until midnight on Christmas Eve. While talking to him in the street all of a sudden my companions eyes got real big and his jaw dropped, and he pointed towards the main street. Some poor guy had had a little way too much to drink and had fallen down in the street at the exact moment that a pickup truck went past, which.... well... ran him over. He was still groaning as the truck sped off (probably also drunk). So my companion and I took off to go tell the ambulance that was a couple blocks away. Not really sure what happened to the guy, but it was a pretty interesting way to start off Christmas.

 
Yup, that's a missionary action figure sent in his Christmas package-
 it came complete with a Latino companion!

Then we had Christmas, and I called home and all that good stuff. (Thanks for the package. It was awesome. Also, my companion loves the apron and the little missionary guy you sent him!)
 
The next day we had to go to the hospital in the capital, because my companion said he had a fractured shin. President Markham said that if it was fractured he was going home right away. So we went to the hospital for some x-rays. Turns out it is just sprained really bad, which just means he can`t be walking too fast or running... (sadly) Before this happened I had already got him to put a new hole in his belt making it about 2 inches shorter (he’d lost some weight from all our running!) J
 
Then on Sunday we had our 2 baptisms that we had planned. Everything was stellar. But the best is still to come.  A young man named Alejandro came to church for the first time since I have been here. About a year ago he was going to be baptized, but his mom didn`t give him permission, as she considered him too young to be baptized. Anyways, he goes to study in a small town in the mountains, and there is not a church there. He is leaving for this town next week. So we got permission from the mission president to baptize him that very same day! We met him, convinced his mom to let him get baptized, taught him all the lessons, and got all the stuff ready. He needed an interview before he could get baptized, and since it was already pretty late the zone leaders couldn`t come out, so the mission president told me to just do it myself. So I interviewed him, and as soon as we finished, I baptized him. Talk about in before the 2015 buzzer! All of this happened between the hours of 6pm and 9:40pm. Pretty much the craziest Christmas I have ever had.


Just taking random photos of everyone...
little did I know that in just 5 more hours I would be baptizing this kid too!

 
 Did you all watch the “He Is The Gift” Video? We’ve only used it 5 or 6 times, as nobody has DVD players here. like... nobody... much less internet in their house.

 Anyways, all is well.
VA PUESSSS, Elder Rice

PS- You think I could get a job at the school as a translator?

 
Weddings are so great!
 I've become quite the event planner!



      Various Christmas presents that I made and/or painted.
Before


After
 




Various Christmas presents that I made

 

Homemade Christmas present for Daniel Chocoj
(Rubber band gun?...)

I think that's all of the good ones!

 
It's the final countdown...!
Apr. 26 is Collins birthday, April 30 is the day he'll come home!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment