Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Home stretch baby!

As I am training a new missionary right now, we have been hitting it hard for the last 2 weeks. The last 3 days in a row we have been up and about by 4am, and tomorrow is going to be another early day, as we have to take a 3 hour bus ride to the capital for changes. My body is completely spent. As our last P-day here, we decided to finally make the long awaited excursion into the sugar cane fields. The only thing was we would have to get up at 3.30am in order to fit it into the schedule. So we did it, and had a sweet P-day. We ate raw sugar cane, roasted corn on the cob, and shot ``La Super Honda`` (pictures of said HONDA to be included at a later date).

Elder Lemus and Collin


This computer is soooo slow... more pictures next week.

 In the last week we had several small earthquakes, harvested corn, and taught A LOT of people. We met a man that had survived an absurd number of life threatening situations, including an experimental brain surgery to take out cancer performed as the first operation of a graduating student. He has a huge soft spot on his head as evidence. Pretty sure I touched his brain.

All in all, I am destroyed physically; but spiritually uplifted this week. Which is going to be needed as tomorrow I will be receiving a brand new missionary fresh from his house. What he doesn`t know yet is that there are going to be early mornings, long distance proselyting runs, and new, really spicy food. I`m sure he`s gonna love it.

Our Christmas party is on the 17th I believe. I’m looking forward to getting my package. Glad it made it this year. On Christmas we’ll be talking via Skype- more details in the coming weeks.

I’m absolutely exhausted and my feet hurt J Going to train again starting tomorrow. 2 times in a row without a break... Like a champion.

That’s all folks, pics sent to my beloved mom- so check the blog!
Love you lots! Elder Rice

PS. I think I`m about to get really, really sick again... Not sure yet…

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment