Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Feliz Navidad!



On Sunday the Relief Society (the name of the women’s organization in our church) got up on the stand to sing a Christmas hymn. They had formed a special choir for the occasion of about 8 people. The best part was that there were more of them in the choir than those sitting in the congregation. They did a great job though, and everybody that came late missed out. Did you already see ``El es la Dàdiva``? ("He is the Gift" around there in your parts) It’s an amazing short video about Christmas- everyone should watch. 



Christmas is in what- like 2 days? We organized a sweet Christmas activity for today with the whole branch. Christmas carols, tamales, punch, and a live nativity scene. My companion and I totally planned the whole activity today in the morning, even though we have been inviting people for over a week. I am so busy its crazy... We are going to read LUKE 2:1-20 and pause every couple of verses and have a youth choir that we organized sing carols. Gonna be sweet. And if not, at least there will be food.

We had a wedding on Saturday for a couple that is getting baptized on the 28th. They had been living together for 10 years already and are rather adorable together. We expected about 20 people, so we only got one cake. Then out of nowhere, about 60 people showed up. More people came to the wedding on Saturday than to church on Sunday. Gotta love it J Slowly but surely, eh?!

I hope Christmas is superb. My package you sent is still unopened! Christmas day I will open it. My companion got a package from the mission president as his family didn`t send anything so I’m glad you were able to include a few things for him. I will have 40 minutes to Skype on Christmas. I`ll probably call you first and then Dad. Be ready from about 11:30 to 11:45 my time J

Thanks as always for all of the updates! Love you guys lots!
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Elder Collin Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment