Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hay Cambios!


So changes are coming up next week on the 4th of February. I think I am going to be moved again, maybe for the last time!  In preparation my companion and I put everything in order on P-day yesterday. We printed out pictures for all of my converts here, cleaned the house (even though it wasn`t really that messy) ate at the Chinese restaurant that I have wanted to eat at for a couple weeks now, and compiled all of the data for my whole district into one place. When I got here there was absolutely nothing as far as information about the work that had been done before I got there, so I figured it would be a nice gesture to leave everything ‘O.C.D.ified’. All of the people we are teaching have up to date records, important information about the area is written legibly on a normal piece of paper, and all of the stats are neatly organized in a folder. It feels so nice to have everything in order, I don`t know why I resisted so valiantly for my whole teenage life... Sorry Mom. ;) 

I made some crazy spreadsheets of all the numbers from the reports that I get. There are about 30 different statistics that I get every week, for 3 areas. I had all the info for 15 weeks on various sheets of loose leaf papers and written in several note books, So when compiling the data I had to look through at least 6 sources. Lesson learned... It is easier to keep up than to catch up! It is kind of soothing though, just letting go of everything else and organizing stuff for a couple of hours. You’d have been proud of my organizational skills!

The other day as we were walking down the street I caught my toe on a piece of random cement in the road. I tripped and ate dirt for probably the first time in my time here. It was a pretty crazy fall, I did 2 rolls when I hit the ground. There were some people watching when I fell, so I got back up and we went and taught them about the Gospel. Good stuff, but about the only exciting thing that has happened.

We have been going to this little tiny aldea called Las Cuchillas. In total there are probably like 10 houses there, a small Catholic church, and a surprisingly well stocked corner store, which was part of the tiny but neat looking school. Everybody is super nice to us there. One of the families we taught there came to church with us too. They just went on their motorcycle, so it wasn`t too far. The man is named Byron, and he works in the macadamia plant in town. His wife, Ady, stays at home with their little boy, Anderson. It is a nice little place. Supposedly there are people that rob people as they are going to this little town, since the trail is really isolated, so my companion and I usually go the long way and follow the highway. I`m taking the step counter today, we will see just how much we walk.

You asked if I’ve been healthy. I have been feeling all right! I haven`t really been too sick for a little while. THATS NOT TRUE! I`ve got a serious case of Baggismo! (Getting super anxious to pack my bags!) I can`t believe that in just 12 or 13 short weeks I will be headed back home! It is going to be a serious culture shock. I am pretty excited to be going to college soon’ish though! Have you found out much about the schedule at BYUI yet and where I would fit into it?

Anyways, Love you lots,

Va PUES! Elder Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment