Monday, October 13, 2014

Go Big or Go Home- a 'Za party

They say that “One should be better today than they were yesterday”- so that is my goal for my next activity. This coming Friday we will be attempting the ´´Pizza Party´´ on a scale never before known in the City Central Mission. We have been planning with the ward mission leader an activity to end all activities. We will be renting the oven of a nearby bakery along with some metal trays in order to make a pizza of.... 2 meters! We have been inviting a lot of people to come and everyone we talk to is super stoked. It is kind of strange how people will drop everything to come learn the relatively simple process of making pizza, but when it comes to learning about the Gospel, Jesus Christ, or the Family all of a sudden there are a lot more things that are a lot more important. (And with that we show up right at the door at whatever time they ask us to!) When it comes to going to church to be able to know if it is really true that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God- forget about it! There are plenty of people here willing to do it, but there are so many who I wish would just prioritize a little bit more! Anyways, the pizza is going to be bomb.

We are teaching a great family here that we met last week. The father is a carpenter. He is going to make a samurai style handle out of fine hardwood for my machete. I know you are all jealous. They couldn´t come to church this week because he had to work yesterday, but they accepted a date to be baptized and they are reading the Book of Mormom! It was pretty great when they accepted the date to be baptized as the whole rest of the week was pretty rough. We started out pretty much with nobody, which means knocking on doors and bugging people in the street. We found some new people to teach, but we still need a lot more. I wish people would just listen to us and then ask God if what we taught them is true. It would be so easy!

As for college.... I still don´t know... I would like to go to BYU-Idaho, but I have also been thinking about BYU-Provo... Who knows... As soon as I know I´ll let you know! For Christmas... I know it’s kinda boring... but I don´t really know what to ask for... I mean, I am getting close to the end of my mission... by Christmas I´ll only have 5 months left! I hate to be super boring and all... Maybe just have a ton of people send me letters? Or send money J Just kidding! Maybe get stuff for a home coming party? I know you are more creative than I am, so I´m sure you´ll figure out something that will blow my mind J It’s kind of hard for me to ask for stuff also because last year left me traumatized! (His package was lost in the mail and never made it L) Those throwback pictures you sent of all of us on vacation are super baggy! (or trunky as they say there- makes me excited to be home!)

Love you much! Thanks for the updates! I read them and treasure them, even if I don´t always comment on them due to the time constraints. Today I had to write everybody AND reformat the retention lists for the whole zone in Excel (good thing I am a pro at Excel J)

Anyways that’s all I got for this week,

Be good! Elder Rice

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment