Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Running on fumes


So...Funny story. Every night we go to bed at 10:30 pm. Before going to bed we always say our personal prayers, right? So I always kneel down next to my bed and it´s all normal. Anyways, I am not sure at what point I fell asleep, but last night I woke up on really sore knees and my arms were both asleep. Because of all of the really short nights recently I think my brain got messed up on what time it was, (as we are always up before sunrise and down after sunset). I figured that I had just fallen asleep during my morning prayer, so I got up and got ready to go hit the gym. At this point my companion was still asleep, so I looked at what time it was.... Just a little passed 11PM... I got a pretty good laugh off that... My body is so tired!
 
One guy workin' 2 guys watchin'...


For P-day yesterday my companion and I realized that we didn´t have anything that we had to do! It was such an exciting moment when we realized that after doing our shopping we would be able to just hang out in our house! I planned to take advantage of the time to write some letters that I have been meaning to write for quite a while. Don´t all get too excited though, cause I ended up just falling asleep.

I am really tired... But I wouldn´t have it any other way. I love the work that I am doing. I love the people here in Guatemala. I love the challenges. And more than anything I love God. These have been the most well spent 22 months of my life, and I still have 2 more months to spend really well.

You asked about my daily schedule. From 4:30 to 8:00am we go lift weights, eat breakfast, shower, get ready etc. From 8 to 9 we usually get personal study in if we have time,then from 9 to 10 we study as companions. From 10 to 11 we have language study, but we almost never get that far into our morning without having to do something administrative or governmental in the zone. We still follow the normal missionary schedule, we just have meetings in the capital 3 hours away, meetings in the districts which are anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours away, or meetings with the local leadership. They say the higher you get up in the church, the less you work with people. All I know is that I am totally whipped. J My companion says its like husband training camp.

It will be really nice if the weather is nice when I get back! I am getting used to the cold, (it averages 80 degrees in the day, and 55 at night. He’s going to freeze and die in Rexburg, Idaho at school! J)  but it really is nothing compared to how it is going to be back home, eh?

So I have some questions for you! I am starting to plan out my future when I get back and I need some information to be able to adjust accordingly.
How much money will I have left in my account when I get back?
Is there any word and/or suggestions on where I will live at college?
Should I plan on obtaining motor transportation, or just take a bike/longboard?
There are more but I can´t think of them now.

Anyways... Hasta Pronto! (58 days.... not like anybody has them counted though)

Love you lots! Elder Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment